Do you have a little cowpoke about to celebrate a birthday?
Throw him (or her) a
Finish the Superstition
Write the "black" portion of the superstition on one index card and the "red" portion on another. Repeat with remaining "black" and "red" portions, until there are enough index cards for all guests at the party. Give each guest a card. The object of the game is for guests holding the "black" portion of the superstition and those holding the "red" portion of the superstitions to find each other to complete the superstition. The first match wins!!
1. Put salt on the doorstep of a new house and ________ (no evil can enter)
2. If you hear a woodpecker ________ will be full. (your purse)
3. Spitting into your hand before _______is said to bring good luck. (picking up a bat)
4. He who walks between old women early in the morning shall________ the rest of the day. (have only bad luck)
5. Unmarried women who desire husbands should, on the night before Saint Andrew’s day, get naked and____________and their loved ones will appear. (call on this saint)
6. When playing tennis, avoid wearing_______. (yellow)
7. If you bathe in cold water on the first day of Easter you will have_________ . (good health )
8. Cowgirls often__________ for good luck. (wear different colored socks on each foot)