Do you have a little cowpoke about to celebrate a birthday?
Throw him (or her) a
What You Need:
- A list of questions, such as these below
- Paper and pens or pencils for each guest
- A prize for 1st place
How to Play:
- Make sure each of your guests have paper and pen or pencil.
- Read your questions one at a time, and give guests enough time to decide their answer.
- After all the questions have been read, have the guest trade their answer sheet with another guest to score their answers.
- Read the answers and determine who got the most correct answers.
- Reward the winner with a prize.
Here's a list of questions that you can use for testing your guests knowledge about our environment. Use any or all of these, and add your own to the list.
Q1. If every household in the U.S. replaced one light bulb with a CFL (Compact Fluorescent Light bulb), it would prevent enough pollution to equal removing how many cars from the road?
d. yard waste
a. Water plants differently, according their individual water needs.
b. Position sprinklers to water the lawn/garden only, not the street or sidewalks.
c. Use soaker hoses or trickle irrigation systems for trees and shrubs
d. Keep your yard healthy – dethatch, use mulch, etc.
e. All of the above.
Q8. What are the 3 R’s that will help keep your environment green?
Q9. What was the first year Earth Day was celebrated?
Q10. Is the bald eagle on the endangered species list?